Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer - 3.8L
A Premium and Economical Colour Enhancer and Sealer For Natural Stone Surfaces That Is Effective and Suitable For Both Exterior and Interior Use
Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer - 3.8L is an economical, no-sheen, enhanced-look, penetrating sealer formulated to darken and highlight the character and beauty of the unsealed natural stone. Also, Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer - 3.8L rejuvenates the color and improves the appearance of worn and weathered stone. May also be used as a pre-grouting sealer. Allows moisture-vapor transmission. It also effectively seals and darkens the color of grout joints.
For use on:
Unsealed natural stone such as marble, granite, slate, limestone, travertine, quartzite. Effective for interior and exterior applications.
Features of Key Features of Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer - 3.8L:
- Darkens and highlights the natural stone
- Excellent stain protection
- No-sheen, enhanced look
- Does not alter the slip resistance of the sealed surface
- Solvent-based formula
- Lasts up to 3 years
HOW TO USE
HOW TO USE
How to Use Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer - 3.8L:Preparation:
The surface should be dry, clean, and free of waxes, sealers, or finishes. New installations need to be dry 48 hours before application. Protect surrounding surfaces. Test the product in an inconspicuous area to ensure desirable results.
The Stone, Tile, or Grout must be dry prior to applying sealer – the following document explains in detail the definition of the term “dry” as it relates to sealer application.
Pre-Grout Sealer/Grout Release:
Porous tile and stone can be stained by grout during installation. Sealing the tile before grouting will make grout removal much easier. Apply a single coat of sealer according to directions after the tile has been bonded for a minimum of 24 hours, or apply to the front face of the tile before installation. Wait a minimum of 48 hours before grouting.
IMPORTANT: Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer - 3.8L should NOT be applied over a previously sealed surface. This includes surfaces that have been pre-sealed with Aqua Mix® ProBlockor any other pre-sealer, and surfaces that have had Aqua Mix® Grout Release applied. Pre-sealers and Grout Release products can cause Enhancing Sealers to enhance the stone unevenly and become patchy in appearance.
- Apply using a sponge, brush, paint pad, or cotton towel. NOTE: Avoid overlapping and rundown. On vertical surfaces, apply bottom to top or apply to each tile prior to installation.
- Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate the surface is wiped completely dry off the surface within 5 minutes of each application using clean, dry, absorbent paper, cotton, or microfiber towels. If sealer residue is not completely removed from the stone and grout surface within 5 minutes of application, a residue may form.
- If 2 or more applications are used, allow a minimum of 30 minutes of drying time between applications. Some highly porous surfaces may require an additional application after full cure insuring that all residue is removed within 5 minutes.
- Enhancing Sealers should not leave a gloss or sheen to the surface, ensure all surface has been buffed dry before leaving to dry.
- Allow 30 minutes of drying time between applications when conditions are 20° Celsius & 70% RH. If temperatures are lower or humidity higher then these times may be longer. If unsure about the specific job site temperatures and conditions please contact one of our technical advisors.
- Ready for surface traffic in a minimum of 2 hours.
- Keep dry for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Achieves a full cure in a minimum of 48 hours.
- Do not allow sealer to come in contact with any non-recommended surface as the product is not completely removable
- Sealers and finishes should not be used before or after the use of Stone Enhancer
- If Stone Enhancer is not WIPED COMPLETELY DRY within 5 minutes, a residue may form, if residue occurs, use a scrub brush or floor machine with Aqua Mix® Heavy-Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner to remove it. Always try a small test area to ensure results. If results are not satisfactory, call Technical Services for additional options
- Keep floor surfaces dry and clean to reduce the possibility of slip-fall accidents
- Routine pressure-washing will affect expected wear
- The sealer will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals
Refer to the Safety Data sheet (SDS) for Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer - 3.8L before use.
* Kindly refer to the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer - 3.8L for complete details. The above consist of important extracted information only and not all.