Lithofin BERO - 1 LITRE
Granite Rust Remover (Acidic)
Lithofin BERO - 1 LITRE permanently removes rust and all discolorations due to rust, whether from the natural iron content or treatment. Mortar residues, film cement, slag sanding and other similar dirt will be eliminated. Lithofin BERO - 1 LITRE is also suitable for removing cement residues from iron containing natural stones. Suitable for acid resistant hard stones.
Lithofin BERO - 1 LITRE should not be used on the polished marble, limestone, the eloxal, zinc or other materials sensitive to acid. On some natural stones, the color may become darker, but it will get back to normal after some time. If in doubt, always try on a discreet place of the surface.
The discolouration alters the appearance of the stone, which is undesirable from an aesthetic point of view. Rust stains are one of the most difficult marks to remove from stone paving slabs. They’re generally caused by metal objects – furniture, firepits, BBQ’s, garden tools, pots and parasol stands are common culprits. Contact with water washes deposits of iron particles onto the pavers which then leave a rust stain.
It’s really important to use the correct stone cleaner and rust remover. For safe removal of rust – indoor as well as outdoors – we recommend Lithofin BERO - 1 LITRE Granite Rust Remover.
Got questions about Lithofin BERO - 1 LITRE? Chat to our team of experts now!
- Highly effective
- Contains acid
HOW TO USE
HOW TO USE
- Dilute Lithofin BERO - 1 LITRE up to 1:3 with water depending on the type and stubbornness of the blemish.
- Apply the solution to the surface and spread it evenly.
- After approx. 4 to 8 hours, rinse with plenty of clear.
- In case of very stubborn rust discolouration, repeat this procedure after several days.
- During the cleaning procedure, the surface must be protected from water.
- If required, BERO may be used neat and not to be allowed to dry on the surface.
- It’s recommended that the surface is treated before installation so that the stone can be flushed with clear water to remove product residues from within the stone.
- Do not allow BERO to dry in or on the stone surface.
- Always test this product in an inconspicuous area before use.
- Lithofin BERO - 1 LITRE must not be used on polished or fine honed marble, limestone, engineered stone or other acid sensitive surfaces.
- Enamel, zinc and other acid sensitive materials are attacked by the product.
- Some natural stones may become slightly darker; this effect will disappear after some time. However, always treat the entire surface to ensure an even appearance. In case of single spots, we recommend cleaning with Lithofin MN Builder’s Clean.
- Iron containing stones should always be cleaned with Lithofin MN Builder’s Clean because this product removes light rust discolouration and prevents them from forming.
- Refer to the Safety Data sheet (SDS) before use
- Test in a small, hidden, area before the main application
- Keep away from heat and humidity
- Keep away from direct sunlight
Field of Use
- Lithofin BERO - 1 LITRE removes rust and rust discolouration and is also suitable for removing cement residues from iron containing natural stones.
- Suitable for acid resistant hard stones such as serizzo, cresciano, calanca, and for granites such as sardo white, etc.
- On polished surfaces, the effectiveness of the product is limited.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.