Diversey Slate Seal Satin
Premium Slate Sealant Ideal For Enhancing New Or Old Slate Flooring
Diversey Slate Seal Satin is a clear, quick-drying, acrylic sealer that does not yellow over time. Diversey Slate Seal Satin is specifically designed to enhance the natural beauty of new or old slate floors. The sealer creates a protective layer that shields the floor from damage and wears while maintaining its original appearance. With Diversey Slate Seal Satin, you can restore the natural luster of your slate floors, making them look like new again. The fast-drying formula ensures that the sealer dries quickly, making it a convenient option for those who need their floors sealed without causing too much disruption. Additionally, the non-yellowing acrylic properties of the Diversey Slate Seal Satin guarantee that the floors will remain to look their best for years to come.
Diversey Slate Seal Satin is suitable for commercial and domestic slate areas, unglazed terracotta, paving bricks, and most interior and exterior applications such as kitchens, family rooms, hearths, and patios. Diversey Slate Seal Satin imparts a long-lasting, high-gloss finish to sealed surfaces. TILE KLEEN is recommended as a heavy-duty floor cleaner and prepares the area for sealing. Diversey Slate Seal Satin is highly resistant to ultraviolet light, prevents most staining, and allows easy low-cost maintenance. TILE KLEEN is recommended as a heavy-duty floor cleaner and prepares the area for sealing.
Note: Newly laid areas need approximately 2-4 weeks to allow mortar and grout to cure and dry prior to sealing (depending on weather conditions).
If you have questions on Diversey Slate Seal Satin, please call us at 03-9429-1223 or start a live chat with one of our experts if you require expert assistance. We are happy to serve you and provide a comprehensive solution.
Features of Diversey Slate Seal Satin:
- The product is UV stabilized to provide optimal protection for the slate against the sun's harmful rays.
- It has excellent re-coatability, making it easy to reapply.
- The sealer has a high resistance to yellowing, ensuring the surface maintains its original appearance.
- It is highly resistant to wear, making it ideal for high-traffic areas.
- The sealer provides a matt finish on slate and other hard surfaces.
- The high solids formulation of the sealer ensures long-lasting protection.
- The product prevents staining and makes maintenance low-cost and easy.
HOW TO USE
HOW TO USE
How to Use Diversey Slate Seal Satin:Guidelines
WARNING: Ensure good ventilation to disperse solvent vapours. Keep away from naked flames, sparks, etc.
- If sealing exterior surfaces, the area must be completely free of moisture to avoid the whitening or flaking of the sealer.
- The new slate laid on sand and cement needs 4-6 weeks to allow mortar and grout to cure and dry prior to sealing. New slate laid with adhesive can usually be sealed after 1-2 weeks. Slate that has been acid washed with LIFT OFF or other acid needs to be thoroughly rinsed with water to neutralize any residues of acid. The floor must be allowed to dry for 24 hours prior to sealing.
- The surface to be sealed must be thoroughly clean and dry - free of grease, oil, paint, acid, efflorescence, loose flakes of slate, and traces of grout.
- Surfaces previously sealed with Slate Sealers other than Diversey Slate Seal Satin must have all traces of old sealer and polish completely removed with suitable strippers. Surfaces polished with SLATE FINISH must be stripped with RIPPER STRIPPER.
- Prior to sealing, the slate should be cleaned with TILE KLEEN. It should be continually washed until, after repeated washings, no slate dust appears in the wash-up water. Allow at least 24 hours for the cleaned area to dry. Prior to sealing give the floor a quick vacuum.
- Do not seal hot surfaces - all surfaces must be cool.
- Apply 3-4 even generous coats of Diversey Slate Seal Satin with a paintbrush. Allow approximately 4 hours or until touch dries between coats.
- Avoid heavy traffic for 48 hours after sealing.
- To maintain the seal in dry areas apply SLATE FINISH as per instructions. Otherwise, simply apply Diversey Slate Seal Satin to worn/dull areas as required.
COVERAGE: 1 litre will cover approximately 8-10m2 with two coats.
CLEAN-UP: Brushes must be cleaned with SLATE SEAL SOLVENT or softened by soaking in SLATE SEAL SATIN 10 minutes prior to reapplication.